Happy new year everyone, although you are all still the same people you were 9 days ago, just with different goals. It’s funny how the new year does that to us, pushes everyone into a frenzy of making new commitments or promises to themselves. I am not excluding myself from this, last year I made a very unrealistic goal of trying to read 100 books, which of course I failed but I did read a lot of books that had been on my list for a long time, whether I reviewed them or not. This year I want to be kinder to myself so instead I have a challenge that I want to set myself, and invite others to join me in.
I’ve seen a few of these challenge online but this is my modified version:
2016 BOOK CHALLENGE
- A book with a one word title.
- A book with a front cover in your favourite colour.
- A book based on a true story.
- A book which was badly reviewed.
- A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller (don’t worry the ‘recommendation’ stickers in shops like Waterstones count for this one).
- A book that was banned.
- A book published the year you were born.
- A book that you started but never finished.
- A book you should have read in school/uni/college.
- A book chosen for you by someone else, eg partner, sibling, child, friend.
- A book that you’ve been planning to read.
- A book from your childhood.
- A book with a female protagonist.
- A book set the in future.
- A book by an author with the same initials as you.
- A book you can finish in a day.
- A book with a number in the title.
- A book that has been translated.
- A book you own but have never read.
- A book about an animal.
- A Pulitzer Prize winning book.
- A book with a colour in the title.
- A book that became a film.
- A book about magic.
- A non-fiction book.
- A book you’ve read before.
- A book published this year.
So this is my 26 book challenge for 2016, I hope you will all join me as I review each one as I make my way through the list. Some books might come under two of the categories and if you are a slow reader, feel free to tick more than one off. If you feel up to it keep going and fill all 26!
If you get stuck, feel free to contact me, and please feel free to recommend any books to me! I love discovering new gems! There are so many books and not enough time to find them all!
Please don’t feel bad if you don’t complete this challenge or any of your other new years resolutions, although I don’t believe in a new start every year I do believe that making the effort counts.
Hope to see you all on the other side!